Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce (87) – Mandatory Credit: Jeremy Brevard-USA TODAY Sports
Right now the Kansas City Chiefs are rolling with Demetrius Harris, Richard Gordon, Ryan Taylor, James O’Shaughnessy, and a few other guys to possibly grab that second tight end spot. Earlier it seemed obvious that Harris would get the nod at the second spot, but now he’s reportedly had foot surgery, which has kept him out of OTAs (Link courtesy of Fox Sports).
Gordon has been with the Chiefs for a few seasons and has provided virtually nothing on the offense, and O’Shaughnessy will be a fifth round rookie. More than likely, Ryan Taylor will step up in that role should Harris not be good to go.
While I get that Gresham and Miller won’t be easy targets in free agency, I would like to see the KC Chiefs make some sort of attempt to upgrade at the second tight end spot. If something (God forbid) happens to Travis Kelce, I want to know that the second tight end on the roster will be able to step up and make some big plays. Alex Smith loves his tight ends, and I think it’s only fair that he get a few solid options out there behind Kelce.
What do you think about the Chiefs’ number two tight end situation?
More from KC Kingdom
- Win $650 GUARANTEED Plus $100 Off NFL Sunday Ticket With Caesars, FanDuel and DraftKings Kansas Promos!
- This Plus-Money Bobby Witt Jr. Prop Bet is on Fire (Hit in 15/21 Games)!
- How to Bet on the Chiefs vs. Cardinals in NFL Preseason Week 2
- The Royals Need to Extend Bobby Witt Jr. Immediately
- The 3 Most Intriguing Games on the Chiefs’ Schedule