KC Chiefs Surprisingly Still on Roster – Number 1: Gehrig Dieter
Gehrig Dieter has done a fantastic job at sticking on this roster despite doing very little. He was a popular undrafted free agent signing after winning a National Championship with Alabama and fans love him for whatever reason.
More from Kansas City Chiefs
- How to Bet on the Chiefs vs. Cardinals in NFL Preseason Week 2
- The 3 Most Intriguing Games on the Chiefs’ Schedule
- DraftKings + FanDuel Kansas Promos: INSTANT $150 Bonus Plus Two Chances to Win!
- Fan-Favorite Locks Up Chiefs Roster Spot With Stellar Preseason Performance
- DraftKings NFL Kansas Promo: Bet $5 on Chiefs vs. Saints, Win $150 Bonus!
Dieter played just four regular season games in 2018 and just one reception for 22 yards during that time. He did suit up for both playoff games that year and had one catch for 11 yards against the Colts in the Divisional Round.
In 2019, Dieter missed most of the season, but he did suit up for two games near the back half of the year. In those two games, he had zero targets.
Even with Dieter doing very little, somehow he manages to remain on this roster.
The Chiefs have plenty of other wide receiver depth who provide a lot of upside and it’s time to see what those guys can do. At this point, we’ve seen what Dieter can do and it’s not worth keeping him around for another season.
What do you think, Chiefs Kingdom? Who have surprisingly remained on the KC Chiefs roster for as long as they have?