ROYALS WITH THE MOST TO PROVE – NUMBER 1: ERIC HOSMER
Say what you will about Eric Hosmer, but the guy is under a huge amount of pressure in 2017.
He’s the biggest name out of Kansas City to potentially hit the free agent market and could be looking at a deal worth $200 million. Hosmer can obtain a deal like that, but he has to prove himself first.
More from KC Kingdom
- Win $650 GUARANTEED Plus $100 Off NFL Sunday Ticket With Caesars, FanDuel and DraftKings Kansas Promos!
- This Plus-Money Bobby Witt Jr. Prop Bet is on Fire (Hit in 15/21 Games)!
- How to Bet on the Chiefs vs. Cardinals in NFL Preseason Week 2
- The Royals Need to Extend Bobby Witt Jr. Immediately
- The 3 Most Intriguing Games on the Chiefs’ Schedule
Fortunately, the former first round pick has another year under contract with the KC Royals to try and get as much money on the open market as possible.
Hosmer had a nice year in 2016, at least to start off with. He was the hottest hitter in Kansas City and carried on that hitting streak into the All-Star Game, where he won American League MVP.
While there have been rumors floating around about Hosmer and the Royals discussing an extension, I’m not buying that Hosmer will stick around after this year. If he can get over $100 million in free agency, he’ll take the money and run, and would anyone blame him for doing so?
Eric Hosmer has accomplished all that he can in Kansas City. He went to two World Series, won a ring, and was MVP of the All-Star Game as a member of the Royals. He’s been a hero to Kansas City Royals fans, but he doesn’t owe the fan base anything.
If Hosmer can finally show he’s a true power guy, then he’ll get a fat contract. That’s motivation for anyone in life.