All right, I’m not going to hold my breath on this one, but I’d just really like to see Kyle Zimmer finally stay healthy enough to pitch for the Kansas City Royals.
More from KC Kingdom
- Win $650 GUARANTEED Plus $100 Off NFL Sunday Ticket With Caesars, FanDuel and DraftKings Kansas Promos!
- This Plus-Money Bobby Witt Jr. Prop Bet is on Fire (Hit in 15/21 Games)!
- How to Bet on the Chiefs vs. Cardinals in NFL Preseason Week 2
- The Royals Need to Extend Bobby Witt Jr. Immediately
- The 3 Most Intriguing Games on the Chiefs’ Schedule
Since the team drafted him in 2012, Zimmer has struggled with staying healthy and it’s been a real bummer. He’s consistently ranked as one of the top 100 prospects, but when push comes to shove, something else ails him and he’s usually shut down before we can even speculate about him reaching the big leagues.
This season, Zimmer pitched in three games and had an ERA of 1.59 between his starts in Wilmington and Northwest Arkansas. He’s got talent, but unfortunately, staying healthy is a huge part of any sport, and Zimmer has failed to do that.
In July, Kyle Zimmer was shut down with thoracic outlet syndrome in what proved to be yet again another disappointing season for the former first round pick.
While I’m calling Zimmer as a long shot to start (or even play) for the Royals in 2017, we can dream, right?