More from KC Kingdom
- Win $650 GUARANTEED Plus $100 Off NFL Sunday Ticket With Caesars, FanDuel and DraftKings Kansas Promos!
- This Plus-Money Bobby Witt Jr. Prop Bet is on Fire (Hit in 15/21 Games)!
- How to Bet on the Chiefs vs. Cardinals in NFL Preseason Week 2
- The Royals Need to Extend Bobby Witt Jr. Immediately
- The 3 Most Intriguing Games on the Chiefs’ Schedule
It might take an 11-2 stretch during that time to keep them in the hunt, but why not?
It didn’t seem possible for the Royals to come back from a 7-1 deficit in the bottom of the ninth against the White Sox on May 28, but comeback they did.
While Mellinger is probably correct and La Canfora is publicly acting like he isn’t worried about the Royals catching his beloved Red Sox, err, Orioles, the 2015 World Series Champions keep hanging around the playoff picture.
Even Mellinger had to pour some cold water on his hot take at the end of his column, writing:
"“Of course, I thought the exact same thing two years ago, too.”"
A good time to count these crazy, Yost-led Royals out of playoff contention is when it’s mathematically impossible for them to make it. Until then, it’s perfectly natural for other teams and fans to be worried, because the Royals’ season, in fact, did not end “in like May.”