I’m going to just put all of the first half together because holy hell, what a disaster.
The first half performance from the Kansas City Chiefs reminded me of that scene in Varsity Blues where Mox takes the guys to a strip club the night before a game. At their game the next night, the Coyotes look horrible and can’t do anything and then get ripped to shreds by their head coach.
More from Kansas City Chiefs
- How to Bet on the Chiefs vs. Cardinals in NFL Preseason Week 2
- The 3 Most Intriguing Games on the Chiefs’ Schedule
- DraftKings + FanDuel Kansas Promos: INSTANT $150 Bonus Plus Two Chances to Win!
- Fan-Favorite Locks Up Chiefs Roster Spot With Stellar Preseason Performance
- DraftKings NFL Kansas Promo: Bet $5 on Chiefs vs. Saints, Win $150 Bonus!
Yeah, it was pretty much exactly like that. The Chiefs couldn’t do ANYTHING and Chiefs Twitter was letting them have it.
Melvin Gordon not only got his first NFL touchdown, but his second as well, both in the first quarter (well, the second one was early in the second quarter). The run defense was pretty much worthless.
Fortunately, the defense got it together in the second half, otherwise this would have been the grade for the entire team.
The offense was also bad in the first half, only putting three points on the board. It came on their very first possession and then after that, Alex Smith and the rest of the offense looked lost.
They came around too, in case you were wondering.
Next: Now... The good stuff!