Well, if this wasn’t depressing for Chiefs fans, I don’t know what is.
More from KC Kingdom
- Win $650 GUARANTEED Plus $100 Off NFL Sunday Ticket With Caesars, FanDuel and DraftKings Kansas Promos!
- This Plus-Money Bobby Witt Jr. Prop Bet is on Fire (Hit in 15/21 Games)!
- How to Bet on the Chiefs vs. Cardinals in NFL Preseason Week 2
- The Royals Need to Extend Bobby Witt Jr. Immediately
- The 3 Most Intriguing Games on the Chiefs’ Schedule
Looking back at the last ten quarterbacks the Kansas City Chiefs have taken in the draft, it takes us all the way back to 1989. That’s insane.
It’s always a surprise when the Chiefs draft a quarterback, even if it’s late in the process. I can’t imagine the reaction around Kansas City if the Chiefs were to draft a signal caller before the fourth round. It hasn’t happened in over a decade.
This track record shows that the Chiefs have had absolutely no luck when drafting a quarterback. They’ve struck out a lot, but that can’t keep preventing them from trying.
With guys like DeShone Kizer, Patrick Mahomes, Mitch Trubisky, and Deshaun Watson available as the top quarterback prospects in this year’s draft, the Kansas City Chiefs need to try to lock down one of these guys in the first round of the 2017 NFL Draft.
Otherwise, we’ll continue to look back at the Brodie Croyles and Matt Blundins of the past. Let’s move forward and get something positive for this team at the quarterback position!