Nov 30, 2014; Kansas City, MO, USA; Kansas City Chiefs general manager John Dorsey laughs with friends before the game against the Denver Broncos during the first half at Arrowhead Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Denny Medley-USA TODAY Sports
John Dorsey is probably smiling because he knows this Chiefs’ team has a chance to be really good.
It’s the third year of his quarterback/coach duo that has seen Kansas City win 20 games the past two seasons, after just 19 the previous three.
Yes, they playoff win drought is old enough to drink, but it will end soon.
And if you don’t think Smith is a good enough quarterback for this team, take a look at the list of the Chiefs’ five worst starting quarterbacks in history.
Once you do, you’ll be practically paying Smith yourself to keep him behind center.
It’s only been three years for Dorsey, but by that time of Piloi’s reign fans were wishing for Carl Peterson.
There’s every reason to trust that Dorsey will only continue to make this team better, and at this point, that means a division championship.
With an aging and injured Bronco’s team, a San Diego Charger’s squad that seems to disappoint every season and an Oakland Raider team that can improve by winning four games, this is the year for the Chiefs to show they are the best in the west.
And in turn, drop that playoff win drought streak down to zero.
More from KC Kingdom
- Win $650 GUARANTEED Plus $100 Off NFL Sunday Ticket With Caesars, FanDuel and DraftKings Kansas Promos!
- This Plus-Money Bobby Witt Jr. Prop Bet is on Fire (Hit in 15/21 Games)!
- How to Bet on the Chiefs vs. Cardinals in NFL Preseason Week 2
- The Royals Need to Extend Bobby Witt Jr. Immediately
- The 3 Most Intriguing Games on the Chiefs’ Schedule