The Kansas City Royals didn’t do themselves any favors this season, and that’s why so many guys could be on the trade block this season.
More from KC Kingdom
- Win $650 GUARANTEED Plus $100 Off NFL Sunday Ticket With Caesars, FanDuel and DraftKings Kansas Promos!
- This Plus-Money Bobby Witt Jr. Prop Bet is on Fire (Hit in 15/21 Games)!
- How to Bet on the Chiefs vs. Cardinals in NFL Preseason Week 2
- The Royals Need to Extend Bobby Witt Jr. Immediately
- The 3 Most Intriguing Games on the Chiefs’ Schedule
At the moment, it appears that Volquez and Davis would be the two guys most likely to depart the team. I’d be surprised if any team was willing to take on the Ian Kennedy money, plus if he’s going to damage the amount of prospects the team gets in return, then don’t do it.
The benefit of trading Kennedy with Davis though is that the team then has money to sign guys like Eric Hosmer and even Danny Duffy to well-deserved extensions. It’ll be a little more difficult to do so if they’re strapped into giving Kennedy all of that cash over the next few years.
Escobar is someone I really don’t see the team parting ways with this season. He’s still decent defensively and Mondesi might not be ready to take over at shortstop full-time just yet.
All in all, it’ll be an interesting next few hours in seeing what the Kansas City Royals do. These Royals rumors could be past the point of a rumor come Monday afternoon.
What do you think, Royals fans? Would you be content with the team parting ways with any of these guys?