Best Game So Far in 2016
May 28th: Kansas City 8 Chicago White Sox 7
When someone thinks of memorable Royals games, this is one fans are going to bring up for a long time.
More from KC Kingdom
- Win $650 GUARANTEED Plus $100 Off NFL Sunday Ticket With Caesars, FanDuel and DraftKings Kansas Promos!
- This Plus-Money Bobby Witt Jr. Prop Bet is on Fire (Hit in 15/21 Games)!
- How to Bet on the Chiefs vs. Cardinals in NFL Preseason Week 2
- The Royals Need to Extend Bobby Witt Jr. Immediately
- The 3 Most Intriguing Games on the Chiefs’ Schedule
Yordano Ventura struggled in this one, giving up a career high seven runs over seven innings. Kansas City’s offense was sluggish, only having put up one run over the first eight innings.
The ninth, however, was a different story.
Paulo Orlando began the inning by striking out. Cheslor Cuthbert got things going by singling up the middle. A few clutch hits, poor defensive plays, and intentional walks later, and all of a sudden, the Royals had the game tied with the bases loaded and newly-called-up Brett Eibner at the plate.
With two strikes, Eibner hit the game winning single just past the diving Chicago first baseman, and the Royals won the game 8-7. It was their largest ninth inning comeback in team history and largest overall comeback in nine years.
Definitely a game Royals fans won’t soon forget. The fact that it was against the White Sox only made it even better.
Let me know, what did I miss? What were some of your favorite games from the first half of 2016?