Brady Singer made his MLB debut for the Kansas City Royals on Saturday in the team’s second game of the 2020 season.
Kansas City Royals fans have to be feeling pretty good about Brady Singer after his Major League debut on Saturday. The 2018 first round pick threw five innings while allowing two runs and striking out seven.
The first two innings were scoreless efforts from Singer and the only inning we truly saw him struggle in was the third inning where both runs were allowed. He pitched scoreless fourth and fifth innings and the seven strikeouts were just a tad shy of the record for a Royals pitcher.
It’s only one game, but it’s hard not to be excited about this outing for Singer. The Royals are hoping he’s a huge part of the next wave of contenders and he’s the first of that 2018 draft class to find his way into the majors.
More from Kansas City Royals
- This Plus-Money Bobby Witt Jr. Prop Bet is on Fire (Hit in 15/21 Games)!
- The Royals Need to Extend Bobby Witt Jr. Immediately
- DraftKings + FanDuel Kansas Promos: INSTANT $150 Bonus Plus Two Chances to Win!
- 3 Royals Players Who Won’t Be on the Roster Next Year
- LAST CHANCE to Claim $250 GUARANTEED Bonus With FanDuel and DraftKings Kansas Promos!
The Royals might not have a ton going for them in 2020, but these debuts are what fans should be the most excited for. Tyler Zuber set the bar high on Friday with his two scoreless innings of relief and now Singer raised the bar with five innings of two run ball.
It’ll be a season of MLB debuts for this team and so far, they’re off to a good start.
Let’s hope this is only the beginning of being in awe of Singer because this kid is going to be a big piece in the next wave of Royals contention.