San Diego Chargers
More from Kansas City Chiefs
- How to Bet on the Chiefs vs. Cardinals in NFL Preseason Week 2
- The 3 Most Intriguing Games on the Chiefs’ Schedule
- DraftKings + FanDuel Kansas Promos: INSTANT $150 Bonus Plus Two Chances to Win!
- Fan-Favorite Locks Up Chiefs Roster Spot With Stellar Preseason Performance
- DraftKings NFL Kansas Promo: Bet $5 on Chiefs vs. Saints, Win $150 Bonus!
I’m not going to try and argue that the Chargers were a good team, but they did have a strong offense and the Kansas City Chiefs did beat them twice. At some point, it’s got to be acknowledged that the Chiefs have set a trend when it comes to overcoming good offenses.
The games against the Chargers were different from the others on this list though. Against San Diego, the Chiefs had to open up on offense and outscore their opponents. Both games would feature KC quarterback Alex Smith out-dueling his counterpart Philip Rivers. That is never an easy task, so to accomplish it twice is quite a feat.
However, above all else, this game showed that the Chiefs can win in a shootout. That is something that may be very important on Sunday as the Steelers have proven they can score. If the Chiefs can keep pace (at the very least), then they will remain in position for one of their many playakers to step up at a key point.
So while the hype train might be rolling with the Steelers right now, don’t sell the Kansas City Chiefs short. This is a very good football team that has shown the ability to play with, and beat, the best teams in the NFL. Now they just have to go out and do it again this Sunday.