This one is always tough to gauge. The Chiefs did their part on special teams last week, as Cairo Santos knocked through both field goal attempts and connected on three extra point attempts.
More from Kansas City Chiefs
- How to Bet on the Chiefs vs. Cardinals in NFL Preseason Week 2
- The 3 Most Intriguing Games on the Chiefs’ Schedule
- DraftKings + FanDuel Kansas Promos: INSTANT $150 Bonus Plus Two Chances to Win!
- Fan-Favorite Locks Up Chiefs Roster Spot With Stellar Preseason Performance
- DraftKings NFL Kansas Promo: Bet $5 on Chiefs vs. Saints, Win $150 Bonus!
Houston picked up Nick Novak two seasons ago and he was also perfect on every attempt last week. He’s had some experience kicking against the Chiefs, as he was a member of the Chargers for four years (not to mention, he briefly played for Kansas City in 2008).
Dustin Colquitt is still one of the best punters in the league, but the Texans have arguably the other great punter in Shane Lechler. This game likely won’t come down to who has the better punter though, as it should be a fairly high scoring game.
In the return game, the Chiefs have Tyreek Hill and Knile Davis, and the Texans will send out Tyler Ervin and Braxton Miller. Miller could be fun to watch, but hopefully he doesn’t get the chance to rip off any big plays on special teams (or in the receiving game, for that matter).
Because I don’t really know how to tell which unit is better, I’m going to go with the team that I follow more closely.