Arguably one of the most impressive rookies in the first preseason game was sixth rounder Dadi Nicolas. Nicolas spent his college years at Virginia Tech and slowly, but surely will see his playing time increase over the next few weeks.
More from Kansas City Chiefs
- How to Bet on the Chiefs vs. Cardinals in NFL Preseason Week 2
- The 3 Most Intriguing Games on the Chiefs’ Schedule
- DraftKings + FanDuel Kansas Promos: INSTANT $150 Bonus Plus Two Chances to Win!
- Fan-Favorite Locks Up Chiefs Roster Spot With Stellar Preseason Performance
- DraftKings NFL Kansas Promo: Bet $5 on Chiefs vs. Saints, Win $150 Bonus!
Nicolas’ role will be to help fill the void while Justin Houston is out. If Dee Ford struggles with the starting role, it might not be too crazy of a thought for Nicolas to get the nod in that position.
Sure, it’s too early to tell, but the kid showed he has some speed and a knack for getting after the quarterback.
As of now, Nicolas will continue to spend time behind Ford on the depth chart, but I really think at the first sign of trouble for the former first rounder, Andy Reid won’t hesitate to slide Nicolas or Dezman Moses into that starting role.
So in other words, I wouldn’t be shocked if Dadi Nicolas could become an every week starter for the Chiefs this season. That’s assuming Houston doesn’t get healthy soon though.