May 22, 2015; Kansas City, MO, USA; A general view of the Kansas City Royals players at batting practice prior to the game against the St. Louis Cardinals at Kauffman Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Peter G. Aiken-USA TODAY Sports
More from Kansas City Chiefs
- How to Bet on the Chiefs vs. Cardinals in NFL Preseason Week 2
- The 3 Most Intriguing Games on the Chiefs’ Schedule
- DraftKings + FanDuel Kansas Promos: INSTANT $150 Bonus Plus Two Chances to Win!
- Fan-Favorite Locks Up Chiefs Roster Spot With Stellar Preseason Performance
- DraftKings NFL Kansas Promo: Bet $5 on Chiefs vs. Saints, Win $150 Bonus!
But what about the current Royals? Could any of them play football? We’ll take a look at the five who would have the best shot. Except here, they won’t be Raiders. Instead, we’ll imagine them as Kansas City Chiefs‘ players.
Of course, there are a small percentage of athletes who truly could play more than one professional sport, but there are some Royals who could probably give it a good shot.
Chris Young actually played basketball during his time at Princeton, but could the 6’10” pitcher transfer those skills to the NFL?
Former first-round pick Bubba Starling was on his was to Nebraska to play football before he decided to sign with the Royals. However, he’s in the minors, so that won’t qualify here.
Terrance Gore, who regardless of his skills, could surely find his way on the football field just for his speed — even if just to be a decoy. However, he most likely won’t be on the MLB roster again unless KC makes the playoffs and they need him for, you guessed it, his speed.
Here’s a look at our list.
Next: Lorenzo Cain, Wide Receiver