KC Chiefs: Predicting The 2014 Schedule, Part 1

Use your ← → (arrows) to browse

Sep 19, 2013; Philadelphia, PA, USA; Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith (11) talks with offensive coordinator Doug Pederson (left) and head coach Andy Reid (right) during the third quarter against the Philadelphia Eagles at Lincoln Financial Field. The Chiefs defeated the Eagles 26-16. Mandatory Credit: Howard Smith-USA TODAY Sports

The KC Chiefs will have the toughest home schedule in 2014 (.570) and one of the toughest overall schedules in the NFL (7th). That number is based on their opponents cumulative winning percentage from 2013.

Not only do they host the normal foes in Denver, Oakland, and San Diego, but also Seattle, New England, New York Jets, Tennessee and St. Louis.

Here’s the first 4 week of the regular season schedule for 2014,

Week 1: Tennessee Titans (Sept. 7, 12 p.m., CBS)
Week 2: at Denver Broncos (Sept. 14, 3:25 p.m., CBS)
Week 3: at Miami Dolphins (Sept. 21, 3:25 p.m., CBS)
Week 4: New England Patriots (Sept. 29, 7:30 p.m., ESPN) – MNF
Today, I’m going to break down each match-up and give a way too early prediction for each game.
I’ve split my predictions up into four parts (or quarters of the season if were Toddy Haley),which I’ll have posted later this week. I promise, I’m keeping the “Chiefs Goggles” off when I write this, I’m just calling it like I see it.
Week one of the 2014 season starts with the Tennessee Titans traveling to Arrowhead.
Use your ← → (arrows) to browse
Dick's Sporting Goods presents "Hell Week":

Tags: Dexter McCluster Kansas City Chiefs Peyton Manning Tom Brady

7 Comments on KC Chiefs: Predicting The 2014 Schedule, Part 1

1. Stacy D. Smith says:

3-1 after the first quarter of the season? I’ll take it.

2. DA TOWN ENT says:

Josh Micheal i just wanna know, how Denver will play better defense with many different style defenders? Ill give you manning will be good. But i just got that feeling they’ll end up like the 2011 chiefs. My reason is they went and just grabbed ever big name out in free agentice like 2011 chiefs. Everyone swore they were improved like the 2011 chiefs and then they tanked the season. I don’t understand how all those big name free agents, even tho good there all from different formats. So really who fits the broncos defense? Basically this is the NFL different styles and different schemes. Most players shine in one system and not another. I think there going to fall flat because of it. But cant wait for some football.

3. Leigh Oleszczak says:

Good analysis. Tennessee and Miami should be games the Chiefs can take, but anything can happen. The Pats game could go either way, and I agree KC will lose to Denver (although it pains me to admit it).

4. Melvin Howell says:

Being a long time Chiefs fan and also a long time Donkey hater I’m enjoying seeing the Donkeys take the same road that the Chiefs took in the early 2000′s. They are investing everything into winning right now. In a couple of years Manning will retire and the Donkeys will have nothing left and be a horrible team for at least the next 5 years. It’s an incredibly stupid move on their part and I will enjoy seeing them drop to last place in the division.

• Josh Michaels says:

Agreed

• steve says:

The only people who make comments like this are the ones who aren’t paying attention to Elway’s approach at managing the salary cap. I have a feeling all these people waiting for the Broncos to fall off the end of the earth post-Manning are going to be really disappointed when the Broncos turn out to still be a solid team. We’ll see…