Other potential player the Chiefs could pursue during the offseason
- Juju Smith Schuster: Five year player out of Pittsburg coming off a season ending shoulder injury. Has already been rumored to want to come to Kansas City.
- Christian Kirk: Four year player coming out of Arizona. Saw an uptick in targets with DeAndre Hopkins being out. Likely to return back to the Cardinals.
- James Washington: Four year player out of Pittsburg. Was pushed down the depth chart in favor of others. Never had a real opportunity to shine.
- Michael Gallup: Four year player out of Dallas. Will be coming back from a torn ACL during the 2021 season. Was a productive wide receiver behind Lamb and Cooper.
- Allen Robinson: Eight year player out of Chicago. Has dealt with poor quarterback play his entire career with a chance to finally pick his destination. Expensive.
- Lorenzo Carter: Four year player out of New York (Giants). Finished the 2021 season with five sacks in four games.
- Derek Barnett: Five year player out of Philadelphia. Has twenty one and a half sacks over his career.
- Arden Key: Four year player out of San Francisco. Drafted and cut by the Raiders after three seasons. Broke out during the 2021 season with the 49ers with six and a half sacks.
- Dorance Armstrong: Four year player out of Dallas. Played in the shadow of Randy Gregory and Demarcus Lawrence. Has seven and a half career sacks.
- Terrell Edmunds: Fourth year player out of Pittsburg. Athletic and speedy thumper who may be looking to relocate. Has five career interceptions.
- Justin Reid: Fourth year player out of Houston. Versatile safety who could be looking away from Texans. Has seven career interceptions.
There are a number of players to choose from in this year’s free agency class. Choosing exactly which ones the Chiefs will go after is like finding a needle in a haystack. It has been noted that the Chiefs will be looking to prioritize the defensive side of the ball, keying mostly along the front with defensive ends and tackles. A common theme among this bunch comes from players of the 2017 or 2018 NFL Draft. All fairly young in their careers could be looking for multi year deals or coming into a prove it season.
As outsiders looking in we can only wait for rumors to come out about players the Chiefs have made contact with over the course of the offseason. Salary numbers and the cap will be a big part of who they sign, as they have some important acquisitions to make this year in what could be a major building block for the next few years in Kansas City.