When it comes down to it, the KC Chiefs are still far and away the better team between these two.
Did the Broncos add some offensive weapons this offseason? Yes, they did, but that doesn’t automatically make them a threat to unseat the Chiefs in the division.
More from Kansas City Chiefs
- How to Bet on the Chiefs vs. Cardinals in NFL Preseason Week 2
- The 3 Most Intriguing Games on the Chiefs’ Schedule
- DraftKings + FanDuel Kansas Promos: INSTANT $150 Bonus Plus Two Chances to Win!
- Fan-Favorite Locks Up Chiefs Roster Spot With Stellar Preseason Performance
- DraftKings NFL Kansas Promo: Bet $5 on Chiefs vs. Saints, Win $150 Bonus!
The Chiefs won both games pretty handily in 2019, with the first being a 30-6 blowout with Matt Moore under center and the second game taking place in a blizzard and still being a Chiefs blowout win 23-3. Kansas City has clearly been the better team.
Denver will be better in 2020, but it’s all going to ride on Drew Lock and how he progresses in his sophomore season. A knock on him in college was that he couldn’t get the job done against better opponents and that could be something that follows him to the NFL. He didn’t play well against the Chiefs, but he’ll definitely have more help this time around.
Even though the Broncos will be better, the Kansas City Chiefs should not be afraid of them at all this year.
What do you think, Chiefs Kingdom? Are the Broncos going to be a formidable opponent in 2020 or will it be the same old story as the past four seasons?