At the end of the day, no one knows what the Kansas City Chiefs are thinking as far as the quarterback position goes for 2017 and beyond. Will Smith even for sure be the starter next season?
More from KC Kingdom
- Win $650 GUARANTEED Plus $100 Off NFL Sunday Ticket With Caesars, FanDuel and DraftKings Kansas Promos!
- This Plus-Money Bobby Witt Jr. Prop Bet is on Fire (Hit in 15/21 Games)!
- How to Bet on the Chiefs vs. Cardinals in NFL Preseason Week 2
- The Royals Need to Extend Bobby Witt Jr. Immediately
- The 3 Most Intriguing Games on the Chiefs’ Schedule
More than likely, yes, Alex Smith will be the starting quarterback for the KC Chiefs come opening day of 2017. He’s led this team to four straight winning seasons and not every single loss can be placed on his shoulders.
With Nick Foles’ option being passed on, however, the backup quarterback position could be an intriguing one for Kansas City, much like it was last offseason.
Did the team pass on Foles’ option because there’s a quarterback they like in the draft?
Did they pass on the option because they want to see what Tyler Bray can bring to the table?
Or did they pass because they just didn’t feel that six million dollars was worth it for a backup quarterback?
Only time will tell, but it should prove for an interesting few months for the Kansas City Chiefs.
Who would you want to see as the Chiefs’ backup quarterback for 2017?