It’s tough not to look back at that week four debacle and not be scared in some sense. The Steelers had manhandled Kansas City that night, but a lot has changed since then, and the Chiefs are going to redeem themselves on Saturday.
Pittsburgh got demolished by the Miami Dolphins in week six of the NFL regular season. The Steelers then took it to the Dolphins in the Wild Card Round and suddenly, life was good again.
More from KC Kingdom
- Win $650 GUARANTEED Plus $100 Off NFL Sunday Ticket With Caesars, FanDuel and DraftKings Kansas Promos!
- This Plus-Money Bobby Witt Jr. Prop Bet is on Fire (Hit in 15/21 Games)!
- How to Bet on the Chiefs vs. Cardinals in NFL Preseason Week 2
- The Royals Need to Extend Bobby Witt Jr. Immediately
- The 3 Most Intriguing Games on the Chiefs’ Schedule
This is going to be exactly how things play out with the Steelers and the Kansas City Chiefs in the AFC Divisional Round. The Chiefs know they got embarrassed in week four and they’re ready to show everyone that they’re not that same team and they’re not a fluke.
The Chiefs earned the two-seed fair and square and now they’re ready to knock off the Steelers, a team who has had Kansas City’s number for a long time now, and advance to their first AFC Championship Game since 1994.
Another reason I left off on this list is that Andy Reid is nearly unstoppable coming off a bye week. In his 18-year career, Reid has gone 19-2 (including playoffs) after a bye week. That is insanely good and something that I don’t think is being talked about enough this week.
Reid obviously knows the key to succeeding when facing an opponent after being on a bye. Let’s hope that magic continues in the divisional round because Kansas City is going to need it.