On the offensive side, the Kansas City Chiefs balled out as well.
More from KC Kingdom
- Win $650 GUARANTEED Plus $100 Off NFL Sunday Ticket With Caesars, FanDuel and DraftKings Kansas Promos!
- This Plus-Money Bobby Witt Jr. Prop Bet is on Fire (Hit in 15/21 Games)!
- How to Bet on the Chiefs vs. Cardinals in NFL Preseason Week 2
- The Royals Need to Extend Bobby Witt Jr. Immediately
- The 3 Most Intriguing Games on the Chiefs’ Schedule
The offense still needs to get better though. They once again had touchdown drought after the first quarter, where they scored 21 points, but wouldn’t see points on the board again until the beginning of the fourth quarter.
The Poe touchdown was actually the first offensive touchdown the Chiefs have scored during the second half in the last four games, which is troubling for sure. This is also the first game since the Jaguars game in week nine that the Chiefs won without scoring a defensive or special teams touchdown.
In addition to the scoring being better, Kansas City also had a run game on Christmas night. This will be huge come playoff time. The ability to effectively run the ball changes the game.
The resurgence of Alex Smith as a runner couldn’t have come at a better time either. With the weapons the Chiefs have in Jeremy Maclin, Kelce, and Hill, this gives opponents one more item to game plan for.