Potential September Call-Ups – Number 1: Whit Merrifield
Hey, Whit Merrifield! Whatever happened to him anyway?
More from Kansas City Royals
- This Plus-Money Bobby Witt Jr. Prop Bet is on Fire (Hit in 15/21 Games)!
- The Royals Need to Extend Bobby Witt Jr. Immediately
- DraftKings + FanDuel Kansas Promos: INSTANT $150 Bonus Plus Two Chances to Win!
- 3 Royals Players Who Won’t Be on the Roster Next Year
- LAST CHANCE to Claim $250 GUARANTEED Bonus With FanDuel and DraftKings Kansas Promos!
Merrifield was a stud rookie coming up to the big leagues at the ripe age of 27 in May. He went on to become “Two-Hit Whit” while with the Royals and at one point was batting .308 over his first 40 games.
It was all downhill from there, though, as Merrifield began to struggle and was sent back to Omaha in exchange for Raul Mondesi entering the big leagues.
Merrifield spent time mostly at second base during his time with the KC Royals (hell, his success at second base likely cost Omar Infante his job here), but he was also a nice addition to put anywhere in the outfield. He very well could compete for the starting second base job next year.
Out of all of the names, you’ll hear in the minor leagues, Whit Merrifield will be the one most likely to re-join the Kansas City Royals in a week.