KC Kingdom was originally launched on February 28th, 2012 under the name Fountain City Focus. Its purpose was to cover all sports in the Kansas City region and that purpose remains the goal today.
The site was reborn as KC Kingdom on November 14th featuring our friendly feathered owl, Gerald. Our reasons for the relaunch were many, but the main one is that in the end we have a site more representative of Kansas City and the surrounding areas.
It’s not just the Royals, Chiefs and Sporting KC that make up the “kingdom” of Kansas City. Lawrence and Manhattan, Kansas and Columbia, Missouri are also a part of the region’s history, heritage and fanbase. As a result you’ll find no shortage of coverage related to the Missouri Tigers, Kansas State Wildcats and Kansas Jayhawks in addition to our pro sports teams.
But that’s not all.
We will also strive to bring you content related to the UMKC Roos, Missouri Comets, Missouri Mavericks and Kansas City T-Bones as time and circumstances allow.
Make no mistake, we love Kansas City and we love Kansas City sports. Our goal is to build KC Kingdom into a site wholly dipped into the sports scene of our region. A site that fans of any and all the area teams can be proud of and (hopefully) want to read on a regular basis. It’s a lofty goal to be sure, but one that can be realized through dedication, hard work and quality content generated by the top notch staff that we intend to assemble.
The site’s logo, including Gerald, was designed by friend, cousin-in-law and ultra-talented artist Dan O’Donoghue. He happens to have a website, so check it out and take a gander at some of his other work. Thanks to Dan’s talent and support, you’ll notice Gerald popping up in various articles from time to time, especially if they are a part of a recurring series on the site.
The KC Kingdom staff
- Joel Wagler (Co-Editor): January 6th, 2013-Present
- Ben Nielsen (Co-Editor): February 18th, 2013-Present
- Jacob Meysenburg (Staff Writer – Royals): February 26th, 2013-Present
- Nathan Edwards (Staff Writer – SKC, KSU): March 16th, 2013-Present
- For all general inquiries about the site, its content or its writers, contact us at this email.
- For all editorial and marketing/advertising inquiries, contact FanSided senior editor Adam Best.
- For all business and technical inquiries, please contact business director Zach Best.
A blast from the past: our site’s previous logo from its previous name: