The Kansas City Chiefs begin their preseason tonight when they host the Cincinnati Bengals. Ah, those words I just typed are music to my ears.
- Where – Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri
- Kickoff Time – 7 p.m. CDT
- TV Channel – CTN (Chiefs Television Network) KCTV 5 (CBS)
- Radio – 101.1 KCFX The Fox or on-line at KC Chiefs Radio
- Live Stream – NFL Preseason Package (Worth it if you’re an out-of-towner like myself)
Though it’s only the first game of the preseason, there is still a ton of excitement across the Kingdom for this match-up. For starters, football is back and with that comes beer, barbecue, tail gating, and loud noises. Crowd noises of course (GET LOUD ARROWHEAD!).
The pads will be poppin’ tonight and there is so much to watch for. This is by far, the most intriguing preseason the Chiefs have had in years with the quarterback battles, kicker battle, and the plethora of young receiving talent we’ve heard so much about. Each quarterback is expected to play a full quarter but, like last season, if the starters get a score on their first series there is no reason to keep them in the game.
Not to mention the new addition’s of rookie’s, Dee Ford, De’Anthony Thomas, and Aaron Murray. I think most us will be locked in all the way through the fourth quarter.
KC Kingdom has had you covered all week with the info you need for this game.
- You can Get To Know The Enemy
- A breakdown of the first Depth Chart Released
- Four players we should be keeping our eyes on tonight
- And a prediction on what rookie will do best in 2014
Bold Prediction For Tonight’s Game:
I’m not going to give a score or who will win the game because quite simply, it’s pointless. However, I will give a rather bold prediction and say that, rookie running back De’Anthony Thomas will return a kick for a touchdown. The Chiefs have one of, if not the, best special teams coaches in the league with Dave Toub and they showed really well last preseason.
Thomas will get plenty of opportunities tonight to make an impact and I feel he will show well.