The U.S. Mens National Team, including Sporting KC stars Matt Besler and Graham Zusi, continues its run in the 2014 World Cup. They now face Belgium in their 1st knockout round match. If they win, it will be the first US victory past the qualifying rounds. A win would be a breakthrough for U.S. soccer.
The Royals travelled to Minnesota and won the opening game of their road trip 6-1 behind Danny Duffy‘s strong start. Yet, not all of the action took place on the field. Royals pitchers Bruce Chen and Yordano Ventura got some grief on Twitter for their behavior in a Minneapolis strip club.
Chiefs fans continue their countdown to training camp, while the NFL Network continues their countdown of the top 100 players in the league—as voted by their peers.
- Kansas City Star – Sam McDowell writes about how Matt Besler and Graham Zusi return to the big stage to take on Belgium in the World Cup
KANSAS CITY ROYALS
- Deadspin – Stripper accuses Bruce Chen and Yordano Ventura of being “cheap” on Sunday night
- Kings of Kauffman – Ed Connealy looks at the Royals at the half-way point
- Kings of Kauffman – David Hill reports that the Royals will not put pitch limits on Danny Duffy and Yordano Ventura:
At the start of the year, Ned Yost indicated at the start of the season that there would not be any such restrictions on Ventura, as he expected the Royals own Rookie of the Year candidate to pitch between 180 and 200 innings this season. Recently, Dayton Moore indicated that the innings limit for Duffy may be called off as well, depending on how he looks going forward.
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
- Arrowhead Addict – Ben Nielsen compares Trent Green and Alex Smith
- Arrowhead Addict – Ben Nielsen asks 3 questions about the defensive line:
Once again, pass rush from the defensive line is going to be pivotal to the success of the team. If there is anything we learned from the 2013 season it is that Bob Sutton’s defensive scheme lives and dies by the pass rush.
KANSAS STATE WILDCATS
- Kstatesports.com –Men’s basketball player Jack Karayetpan will get a medical hardship redshirt for the 2013-14 season