The Royals failed to build on the momentum from Friday’s 8-6 win over the Los Angeles Angels—instead dropping the 2nd game of their series 6-2. The game featured a four hour rain delay, which caused manager Ned Yost to shelve starter Yordano Ventura after 4 innings.
Kansas City’s continued inability to score runs has limited the team from taking off, and has provided a major source of speculation about potential upgrades before the July 31 trade deadline. Eric Hosmer, in particular, has struggled this month.
Kansas Jayhawk fans are still digesting the NBA draft, which saw Andrew Wiggins go no. 1 overall and Joel Embiid no. 3. However, Tarik Black’s future has sort of been lost in the fanfare for the two one-and-done headliners.
With a little more than two weeks to go before training camp opens in St. Joseph, Chiefs fans have little to do besides assess changes to the roster and speculate which current players might break out next season.
KANSAS CITY ROYALS
- Royals Review – Royals sign no. 1 pick Brandon Finnegan
- Kings of Kauffman – David Hill asks if we have already seen the best out of Eric Hosmer
- Kings of Kauffman – Hunter Samuels thinks Jarrod Dyson has earned more playing time:
Dyson has really burst into the spotlight this season, and his emergence as a key contributor will force the Royals to find a way to keep him on the field after Aoki comes back from the disabled list.
- Kansas City Star – Bill Self has to reload the Jayhawks, pretty much like he does every year
- KUSports.com – Tarik Black to get summer league shot with the Houston Rockets:
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
- Kansas City Star – Defensive end Mike Catapano has bulked up this offseason
- Arrowhead Addict – Nick Floyd wonders which TE’s will survive to make the 2014 roster:
The problem comes in the form of whom to take in that third tight end spot for the team. Right now it is not as pressing as we are still well into the off season with training camp over a few weeks away. However once the pads come on and the Chiefs will have to start whittling down their decision when it comes to whom they will take into the 2014 season.
There you have it KC fans—the news Around the Kingdom.