The Royals faced off against the pitcher many consider the best in the game right now: Clayton Kershaw of the Dodgers. Unlike Monday’s game against Zack Greinke, the Kansas City offense simply had no answer for Kershaw. The Royals lost 2-0 in a well-played game by both teams.
Despite Monday’s win, the Royals offense has mostly returned to hibernation after their 10-game winning streak. In the six games since, the Royals have scored 13 runs in 6 games.
2.16 runs per game simply doesn’t cut it.
Former Chiefs cornerback Brandaon Plowers signed Tuesday with the San Diego Chargers, ensuring that Flowers will play two games against Kansas City next season. Flowers is something of a poster child for fans who are skeptical about the team’s chances for the upcoming season.
Meanwhile, with summer a dead zone for MU’s headline sports teams, they have turned their attention to adding to a roster that went a surprising 12-2 in the SEC last season.
KANSAS CITY ROYALS
- Kings of Kauffman – With the Dodgers in town, David Hill suggests that now is the perfect time to scout Los Angeles outfielders Matt Kemp, Andre Ethier, and Carl Crawford with an eye on possible deadline deals.
- Fangraphs.com – Jeff Sullivan analyzes the value of Alex Gordon‘s arm in left-field
- Foxsports.com – Jeffrey Flanagan writes about the changes manager Ned Yost made to the lineup for the game against Kershaw:
Royals skipper Ned Yost never has been all that big on lineup construction.
In his perfect world, he’d set his players in a certain spot in the order, keep them there the whole season, and then simply sit back and watch them produce.
But the gnawing inconsistencies that plague the Royals’ offense are forcing Yost out of his comfort zone. On Monday he juggled his batting order.
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
- The Bleacher Report – Max Garland reports about the buzz 1st round draft pick Dee Ford has raised in twitter after hearing reports about his play during OTA’s
- Arrowhead Addict – Nick Floyd lists 5 reasons why he thinks the Chiefs will regress next season:
Now as a fan would I love to see them surprise the NFL again and finally dethrone the Denver Broncos from the first in the AFC West? Well that is a duh! But at the same time I see all the changes that have occurred this offseason and the steps that were taken back in the second half of the season.
- Truman’s Tales – Bbrown reports that the Tigers have gotten a commitment from punter/kicker Corey Fatony, a 5-star kicking recruit
There you have it KC fans—the news Around the Kingdom.