Hall of Famers Albert Lewis and Art Still along with seven other players have joined a previously filed lawsuit against the Kansas City Chiefs involving concussions. Dino Hackett, Todd McNair, Fred Jones, Tim Barnett, Walker Lee Ashley, Emile Harry and Chris Smith are the other players who have joined the suit.
The initial lawsuit was filed by Chris Martin, Kevin Porter, Joe Phillips, Louis Cooper and Leonard Griffin on December 3. The suit comes after the NFL settled a lawsuit for $765 million earlier in the year.
“They’re not some malcontents or people unhappy with the KC Chiefs and their careers,” McClain said. “They’ve been injured and should be taken care of. These are all players who had great loyalty to Chiefs and gave their lives to the team and are now suffering the consequences with no hope of compensation. It’s a widespread problem and these players have a right to be compensated.”
“I think there are more players that will file before the first of the year,” McClain said.
Topics: Kansas City Chiefs