ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
“He taught us forgiveness on a grand scale,” the former heavyweight champion boxer Muhammad Ali said in a statement. “His was a spirit born free, destined to soar above the rainbows. Today his spirit is soaring through the heavens. He is now forever free.”
Usain Bolt, the Jamaican Olympic sprinter, called Mr. Mandela “one of the greatest human beings ever.”
IN OTHER NEWS…
- Royals traded Will Smith to the Brewers for outfielder Nori Aoki. (KC Kingdom)
- What Aoki brings to the Royals. (Kings of Kauffman)
- A different perspective on Mizzou v. Auburn. (Rock M Nation)
- It is December so that means it is playoff scenario time in the NFL. Chiefs can clinch a spot this week. (Arrowhead Addict)
- Kansas State go a much needed win at home against Ole Miss, 61-58. (KC Star)
TWEET OF THE WEEK…
I feel ya, Deion pic.twitter.com/h06204iHf2
— Eric Kay (@ekaycbs) December 6, 2013
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
- Yankees are growing pessimistic as Robinson Cano continues talks with Seattle. Mariners are said to be offering as much as $240 million.
- Part 2 of Jonah Keri’s MLB Trade Value piece features a Royals player and a name you may be familiar with.
- Charges are not going to be pressed against Jameis Winston, but the case will never really be over.
- “In the murky world of Bitcoin, fraud is quicker than the law.” Stunned.
ONE MORE THING…
Anyone else uncomfortable with the amount of smiling/laughter in this press conference?
— Sam Ponder (@samsteeleponder) December 5, 2013