ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Absolutely nothing happened in the baseball world yesterday with the exception of just about everything happening yesterday. Jacoby Ellsbury looks to have signed a deal with the Yankees, Dexter Fowler was traded for basically nothing to the Astros, Jarrod Saltalamacchia was signed by the Marlins, Justin Morneau is a Rockie now, the A’s traded prospects and Seth Smith is two separate deals to acquire Luke Gregerson, Craig Gentry and Josh Lindblom, Joe Nathan is a Tiger, Boston signed A.J. Pierzynski, and the rumor train exploded.
And that was just Tuesday.
Among all the rumors, which included the possibility of Robinson Cano signing with the Seattle Mariners, is the Carlos Beltran has been offered a three-year, $48 million contract by the Kansas City Royals. Said offer is the thought to be the largest offer in hand for Beltran. New York signing of Ellsbury eliminates the Yankees as a possibility one would think, but what does Boston do now?
There are a whole bunch of ways to considered the possibility of signing Beltran, but it is hard to deny that “High School Ben” would be ecstatic if the Royals re-signed him. Yes, it is a lot of money for a 36-year-old player, but if the Royals say they have the money to sign him and fill the other holes they have on the roster then who cares if they overpay?
IN OTHER NEWS…
– Missouri Tigers are one day closer to competing for an SEC championship. How crazy is that? (CBS Sports)
– Five former players have sued the Chiefs in regard to how the organization handled concussions. (Arrowhead Addict)
– Mike Moustakas has reported to the Venezuelan Winter League. Pedro Grifol is his coach. (Kings of Kauffman)
– Previewing K-State’s basketball game with Ole Miss tomorrow. (Jug of Snyder)
– Graham Zusi and Matt Besler were both chosen to MLS’ Best XI team. (KC Star)
– Shooting just part of the problem for KU basketball. (KU Sports)
GIF OF THE DAY
Those are mints.
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
– Yankees attempt to squeeze Robinson Cano may backfire.
– ESPN, CBS, and Fox are all courting Tim Tebow for television work. ESPN already has a show set up for him.
– Peyton Manning “regretfully declined” a wedding invitation sent to him. He autographed the invite.
– Here is your 2014 World Cup ball. It looks like it should be able to glow in the dark. If it doesn’t then I’m disappointed.
– Nickelback has come out with a “Greatest Hits” album. Think about that for a moment.
ONE MORE THING…
Whoopsadoodle. (Watch the official next to the shooter.)