ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Seattle 34, New Orleans 7
Best team in football, no question. And if they get home field advantage then they only thing between them and a Super Bowl appearance is probably San Francisco’s running game. Otherwise, assuming health, they are practically unbeatable at home.
CHRIS GETZ is out in Kansas City after not being tendered a contract yesterday. In four seasons with the team Getz hit .248/.305/.295 with a 66 OPS+. He had more sacrifice bunts/flies and hit-by-pitches combined (42) than he had total extra-base hits (39) in his 332 games as a Royal.
IN OTHER NEWS…
- Phil Hughes signed with the Twins over weekend, which prompts the question: Hughes or Jason Vargas? (Kings of Kauffman)
- Marcus Cooper is experiencing the learning curve. (MMQB)
- Revisiting the five things to watch for in K-State’s win over the Jayhawks. (Jug of Snyder)
- Grading Missouri’s spectacular defensive effort against Texas A&M. (Rock M Nation)
- KU football has already begun re-tooling the coaching staff. (Rock Chalk Talk)
- “I didn’t keep track [of saves], I don’t care about that part. I just want to win.” – Jimmy Nielsen (MLS)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
- A Colorado woman was busted for giving haircuts while topless. Surprise, that wasn’t the only thing going on.
- AROD has lost his freaking mind.
- A parking lot unlike any other… Augusta National Golf Club bought an apartment complex for $8.3 million just to raze it and build a parking lot.
- Seattle proved they are ready for a Super Bowl run last night against New Orleans.
ONE MORE THING…
Will Ferrell doing the news in North Dakota as Ron Burgundy is pretty fantastic.