30 MINUTES IN 30 SECONDS
Score: Chiefs 21, Broncos 14
Team Passing: Chiefs: 132; Broncos: 182
Team Rushing: Chiefs: 106; Broncos: 32
Turnovers: Chiefs 1, Broncos 2
Defensive Notes: Hey, we hit Manning! … Marcus Cooper was picked on several times by Manning in the first matchup. Cooper responds this week with an interception, which was later turned into an Anthony Fasano touchdown. However, it hasn’t stopped Manning from continuing to attack him.
Key Play: Alex Smith threw an interception in the end zone on the opening drive of the game from the two yard-line. He Had Anthony Fasano wide open at the start of the play, missed him, and then compounded the problem with a terrible decision.
PANIC?!: It’s still Peyton Manning. So, yes, panic.
Final Score Prediction: Chiefs 34, Broncos 31
– I have no problem with calling passing plays in the red zone. I do have an issue with Alex Smith throwing across his body and back towards the middle of the field. That, more than the play call, was the problem.
– Junior Hemingway? JUNIOR HEMINGWAY!
– Knile Davis is big (227 pounds), strong (31 reps of 225 pounds), and fast (4.37 40). The 108-yard touchdown return showed all of those traits. If the fumbling problems get fixed, he’s going to be something else. All kinds of raw talent.
– Kansas City’s momentum crashed after Dexter McCluster foolishly caught a punt a the three-yard-line and nearly fumbled. KC punted three time since and Denver cut the lead to seven.
– One would expect the second half will be heavy on Jamaal Charles. Charles had 12 touches in the first half for 62 total yards.
Tags: Kansas City Chiefs