ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Missouri 78, IUPUI 64
Frank Haith’s suspension appears to have not caused any early issues for Missouri as the Tigers went 5-0 during his absence. Competition will start to pick up, however, with games against Northwestern, Nevada, West Virginia, and UCLA in the next two weeks.
The bigger news to come out of this game was the ejection of the unsanctioned Missouri spirit group “The Antlers” in the second half. It is the second straight game they have been ejected from a game. They were said to have been ejected for a chant considered “sexual” and were escorted out of the arena.
The chant? Here’s the Grand Poobah, the leader of the Antlers, describing the chant.
“Pelvic thrust, churn the butter, step to the left, cop a feel,” he said, relaying the chant. “And you pelvic thrust, act like you’re churning butter, turn and squeeze the guys shoulder you’re next to.”
My God. I don’t know how anyone else in the arena survived that chant.
In fairness, The Antlers have said some tasteless things in the past, including some things they’ve said this year. But when compared to things that are said by many of the other fans who are not associated with the organization, those things The Antlers said, in some ways, are tame.
Mizzou forward Tony Criswell have high-fives to some of The Antlers as they were escorted out of the arena.
IN OTHER NEWS…
- Chiefs need to own poor performance and get better. (Arrowhead Addict)
- Here’s Andy Reid on the Chiefs’ injury situation. (Arrowhead Addict)
- Carlos Beltran and the battle between emotion and logic. (Kings of Kauffman)
- Breaking down KU’s win over Towson. (Rock Chalk Talk)
- The Antlers were kicked out of another basketball game yesterday. (KC Star)
- More on the Antlers situation from their Grand Poobah. (Columbia Tribune)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
- An average NFL game has more than 100 commercials and just 11 minutes of play. Football!
- A great quick read from Jenny Vrentas of MMQB about the Broncos locker room after Sunday night’s loss.
- Seth Rogen and James Franco remade a Kanye West’s video for Kim Kardashian, “Bound 2.” It is a masterpiece.
- More Deadspin. BuzzFeed fired their oldest employee last month. He wrote in to Deadspin to talk about why. (Cameo from Ben Smith.)
ONE MORE THING…
This is a tremendous beard idea.