ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Sporting Kansas City 2, Houston Dynamo 1 (SKC wins Eastern Conference)
Victory! Sporting will host the MLS Cup in two weeks – December 7 to be exact – against Real Salt Lake. Giddy!
Chargers 41, Chiefs 38
I haz the sadz.
Patriots 34, Broncos 31 (Overtime)
I haz the happiez!
What a weird rollercoaster of a day. “We’re going to win! We’re going to lose. We’re going to win! We’re going to lose. We’re going to win! We lost.” That was the Chiefs game.
The Patriots game was kind of the same but backwards with a couple of intense twists. “They’re going to lose. They’re going to get crushed. This is embarrassing, give Denver the AFC title. Well at least they’re not going to lose by 30. Hey, they’re down only 10. Holy $%@& they’re up 7! They’re going to lose. They differed the overtime kick?! They’re going to lose. They’re going to win! They’re going to tie. Holy crap they won!”
Crazy day that ends with next Sunday’s game meaning, essentially, the season.
IN OTHER NEWS…
– Sporting takes the Eastern Conference with win over Dynamo. (The Daily Wiz)
– Denver loss opens up the door for the Chiefs to win the division. (Arrowhead Addict)
– Not a surprise, but losing Tamba Hali and Justin Houston really hurt the Chiefs. (Arrowhead Addict)
– Is Yordano Ventura the Royals real second starter? (Kings of Kauffman)
– Reviewing K-State’s loss to Oklahoma on Saturday. (Jug of Snyder)
– Mizzou leaps to fifth in BCS standings with Texas A&M game looming. (Rock M Nation)
– Kansas Football: Let’s just pretend this didn’t happen. (Rock Chalk Talk)
THERE WAS A PHOTOGRAPHER FIGHT!
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
– Brothers Kyle and Chris Long played against each other for the first time on Sunday.
– St. Louis signed former Detroit Tiger and PED user Jhonny Peralta to a 4-year, $53 million deal.
– Joe Posnanski gives his thoughts on the Jason Vargas signing.
– Derrick Rose tore his meniscus and will have surgery today.
– Hungers Games movie number two opened this weekend and made $10 trillion (or something). Here’s an interesting read about what young adult heroines say about our current culture.
ONE MORE THING…
Hey, K-State: That Charlotte loss doesn’t look so bad anymore.