30 MINUTES IN 30 SECONDS
Score: Broncos 17, Chiefs 10
Team Passing: Chiefs: 94; Broncos:202
Team Rushing: Chiefs: 89; Broncos: 47
Turnovers: Chiefs 1, Broncos 1
Leading Passer: Chiefs – Alex Smith: 9-19, 110 yards, TD; Broncos – Peyton Manning: 14-21, 202 yards, TD
Defensive Notes: Cooper has struggled to guard Demaryius Thomas and Eric Berry is too small to cover Julius Thomas. Something’s got to change there. … Zero sacks in the first half. Kansas City has to hit Manning more if they are going to win this game. … Chiefs best friend on defense is for the Chiefs’ offense to have longer drives that end in points. 39 total plays for the Broncos in the first half with a near even split in time of possession.
Key Play: Anthony Sherman fumble. Killer. Absolute killer.
PANIC?!: Yes, but the Chiefs could be in a way worse position right now with the way they played in the first quarter.
Final Score Prediction: Broncos 27, Chiefs 17
– Kansas City is going downfield in the passing game more today, which is great. Not losing their balance is key, however. The Chiefs seemed to forget Jamaal Charles was on the team at times.
– The Peyton Manning vs. Marcus Cooper matchup has not been a good one for the Chiefs. Cooper has been taken advantage of for most of Denver’s big plays. Some kind of adjustment needs to be made to help Cooper keep receivers in front of him, which may mean giving him more help over the top.
– Dwayne Bowe finally showed up to a game. That’s nice. He has four catches, a couple of penalties drawn, and a touchdown. Chiefs need more of that in the second half.
– Kansas City absolutely has to stay on the field longer. The more snaps Denver gets on offense, the worse case the scenario is for the Chiefs winning this game.
– Red zone offense has been a nightmare for the Chiefs: one touchdown, one field goal, and one turnover. KC has to get touchdowns against Manning. Especially when you have a first and goal from the two-yard-line.
Tags: Kansas City Chiefs