Score: Kansas Jayhawks 6, Oklahoma State Cowboys 42
It Was Over When: When kicker Ron Doherty’s 31-yard field goal attempt missed. It ruined Kansas’ chances of getting any early points and wasted the longest Jayhawk drive of the day (61 yards). Oklahoma State then drove the field and scored, 21-0.
Kansas Player of the Game: Runningback Tony Pierson had one of the better statlines for a Jayhawk. He amassed 87 yards on 6 carries. Most of those yards came on one 50 yard scamper.
Fun Stat: 418 yards by punter Trevor Padula. That’s more yardage than all the Jayhawks’ 316 yards and the Cowboys’ 359 yards.
A GIF FOR JAYHAWK FANS
1. One of the few positives for Kansas this year has been their running game. The Jayhawks averaged 134 yards a game before traveling to Stillwater, but they were able to surpass their usual average by rushing for a combined 202 yards. And the Cowboys had the best rush defense in the game, allowing only 123 yards per game.
2. Basketball has started. Andrew Wiggins, you could not get here soon enough.
3. One week closer to playing Iowa State, the best chance for Kansas to win a Big XII game this year.
1. The game started with a 100 yard return by O.K. State’s Justin Gilbert. Kansas has been pretty bad this year, but having an opening kickoff go all the way into your end zone won’t ever help your situation. I marked the beginning of a long day.
2. Penalties were pretty bad for Kansas. They totaled eight yellow flags during the game. Most of the time, penalties can be controlled by better self-control and discipline, and the Jayhawks were playing with neither.
3. Wave goodbye to a bowl game. No one really thought that the Jayhawks would be making a late December game, but with the seventh loss of the season coming today, it shuts the door on the slightest possibilities.
Tags: Kansas Jayhawks