ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Baylor 41, Oklahoma 12
Two more tough tests left for Baylor in the final third of the season: at Oklahoma State and home to Texas. Texas Tech and TCU are two games that won’t be easy by any means, but they are both games they should be able to win comfortably. A 12-0 season paired with one more break (an Alabama loss to LSU?) should be enough to get Baylor into the BCS title game.
Speaking of breaks…
Stanford 26, Oregon 20
The way Stanford played this game on offense is the way the Chiefs are going to have to play against Denver: Have long extended drives that end in points. Stanford had only eight possessions in the game (minus the final possession where they took a knee) and scored in six of them. That’s how you beat Oregon, and that’s how you beat the Broncos.
COLLEGE BASKETBALL tips off tonight for all three local teams. Kansas will host Louisiana-Monroe at 7 p.m.; Kansas State will host Northern Colorado at 8 p.m.; Missouri will host Southeast Louisiana at 7 p.m.
IN OTHER NEWS…
– Lots of questions for the Chiefs heading into the bye week. (Arrowhead Addict)
– Are we all sleeping on Felipe Paulino? (Kings of Kauffman)
– K-State matches up well against Texas Tech. (Jug of Snyder)
– Should James Franklin play against Kentucky? (Truman’s Tales)
– KU locked in to the Champions Classic for three more years. (Rock Chalk Talk)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
– Seven months after snapping his leg against Duke, Kevin Ware is back. Nailed the first shot he took.
– This memorial to victims of a 1989 plane crash is wonder and stunning.
– 36 historical photo’s reimagined in color. The Joseph Goebbels one is terrifying.
– Ridley Scott is going to help make a movie about concussions in football.
– Here’s your creepy video of Justin Bieber sleeping by Brazilian prostitute video of the day.
ONE MORE THING…
This is why you don’t drive in Chicago.