30 MINUTES IN 30 SECONDS
Score: Bills 10, Chiefs 3
Team Passing: Chiefs: 87; Bills: 139
Team Rushing: Chiefs: 28; Bills: 78
Turnovers: Chiefs 0, Bills 1
Leading Passer: Chiefs – Alex Smith: 16-for-22, 96 yards; Bills – Jeff Tuel: 9-for-15, 139 yards, TD, INT
Defensive Notes: KC’s defense has played okay, but they are going to have to make some big plays if the Chiefs are going to pull this game out. …Yet another first half without a sack for the Chiefs. …Kendrick Lewis played the worst half of football for any defensive player this season, and it cost them at least seven points.
Key Play: Dexter McCluster dropped a pass at the end of the second quarter that would have put the Chiefs in at least field goal range, if not run in for a touchdown. That could end up being the play of the game.
PANIC?!: KC hasn’t won in Buffalo since 1986. I’m a little concerned.
Final Score Prediction: Bills 20, Chiefs 13
– It would be surprising if Kendrick Lewis sees a lot of action in the two Broncos games. His lack of speed killed the Chiefs on Buffalo’s touchdown pass to Marquise Goodwin. Although Goodwin is really freaking fast.
– Another first half without a sack. This is, for the most part, because of all of the quick passes and slants. This is something that has been hurting the Chiefs a lot for the last three or four weeks.
– A lot of Tuel’s passes are sailing on him. Kansas City has to find a way to take advantage of those by forcing Buffalo into those medium level throws.
– Alex Smith’s accuracy today has been horrendously bad so far. He’s missing in just about every direction, and the fact he hasn’t thrown an interception yet today is somewhat surprising.
– Dwayne Bowe already has a season high in catches in this game, which is good to see. KC can’t forget about him in second half as very little else is going right for them on offense.
– So many drops from Chiefs receivers… poor blocking… Smith’s issues… It is difficult to see how the Chiefs turn things around offensively in the second half.
Tags: Kansas City Chiefs