ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Red Sox 8, Cardinals 1 (BOS leads series 1-0)
St. Louis had a case of the dropsies, Carlos Beltran did not (and paid for it), and David Ortiz hits balls really far. That’s the summary of game one. Hey, I’m not Bob Dutton, alright?
Sporting Kansas City 0, Olimpia 0
Graham Zusi scored a goal that was disallowed for some reason – really we don’t have a good reason why – and Sporting was forced to settle for the tie against Olimpia. No matter, a tie is all SKC needed to move on to the quarterfinals. Their opponent and game destination will be determined later on today after the rest of group play is completed.
IN OTHER NEWS…
- Why Alex Smith is the answer to KC’s quarterback woes. (Arrowhead Addict)
- What should Kansas City do with Luke Hochevar? (Kings of Kauffman)
- NCAA rule changes could hurt K-State basketball. (Jug of Snyder)
- Grading Mizzou’s defense against Florida. (Rock M Nation)
- Do not want to startle anyone, but KU’s offense is really bad. (Rock Chalk Talk)
GIF OF THE WEEK…
I wanna know how much Dr. Pepper paid this guy. (Deadspin)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
- This is Carlos Beltran’s first World Series. It is hard not to root for him. Too bad he’s a Cardinal.
- Wanna read something Kareem Abdul-Jabar wrote? Here you go.
- This guy is currently managing in the World Series. His quote to Jeff Cirillo is great.
- R.L. Stine – yes, the Goosebumps guy – did an AMA on Reddit. Fun stuff. “You were TERRIBLE at making decisions.”
- Is marriage good for you? I say no. (Hope my girlfriend isn’t reading…)
ONE MORE THING…
From the people who brought you the “Video Game Tribute” comes the “Michael Jackson Tribute.” Compete with a moonwalk scene (4:15).