ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Eventually they are going to start the World Series. Supposedly tomorrow, but it has been so long since there has been a game I’ve just assumed they canceled the rest of the playoffs.
TIM LINCECUM signed a two-year, $35 million (!) deal with the San Francisco Giants to avoid free agency. Between the Hunter Pence contract and Lincecum’s deal, the market is pretty much already set above where the Royals can be a player. Maybe this is why Billy Butler may be on the trading block.
IN OTHER NEWS…
– Breaking down Jamaal Charles’ touchdown run. (Arrowhead Addict)
– Under the radar free agent infielders. (Kings of Kauffman)
– A preview of K-State’s D.J. Johnson. (Jug of Snyder)
– New rule changes for defenders should help Kansas. (Rock Chalk Talk)
– A closer look at Maty Mauk’s first career start. (Rock M Nation)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
– Breaking Madden. America’s new favorite internet show. This week: Vince Young vs. Time.
– The NBA season tips-off in a week. Here’s a bold predictions preview of the season from Grantland.
– Trey Hillman was fired by the Los Angeles Dodgers. He was the Royals manager before Ned Yost.
– Case McCoy assumes TCU is favored over Texas this weekend because Case is the quarterback.
– Mexican boxer dies after being knocked out in a fight and never regaining consciousness.
ONE MORE THING…
Bad Lip Reading returns with a Game of Thrones parody.