ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Giants 23, Vikings 7
Oh man… that was ugly. When does the World Series start? Wednesday? My deity, how much time off do these players need?
IN OTHER NEWS…
- “This team has gone from lousy to good in warp speed. Judging from the looks of things, Kansas City’s rise from good to championship-caliber might happen at a much faster rate.” (ESPN)
- Lots of Chiefs and Broncos stuff here. (Grantland)
- Jake Ballard would be a really interesting addition for the Chiefs. (Arrowhead Addict)
- Bruce Chen has been a key piece for the Royals. (Kings of Kauffman)
- K-State adds another recruit to the 2014 football class. (Jug of Snyder)
- Was KU four plays away from beating Oklahoma? (Rock Chalk Talk)
- 7-0 start is leading to recruiting victories for Missouri. (Rock M Nation)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
- This year’s NLCS was the lowest rated in St. Louis since Nielsen started tracking such things. Best fans in baseball.
- A.J. McCarron is an unbelievably boring quarterback. He’s also maybe one of the greatest quarterback to play college football.
- “12 Years a Slave” looks like a terrific movie that will require a lot of alcohol to watch.
- Turns out that living to 150 may be a terrible, no good, very bad thing. Says the internet, anyway.
ONE MORE THING…
A cool story about a student with Down Syndrome scoring a touchdown for his high school team.