30 MINUTES IN 30 SECONDS
Score: Chiefs 7, Raiders 7
Team Passing: Chiefs: 60; Raiders: 78
Team Rushing: Chiefs: 48; Raiders: 83
Turnovers: Chiefs 0, Raiders 0
Leading Passer: Chiefs – Alex Smith: 7-19, 83 yards; Raiders – Terrelle Pryor: 7-11, 100 yards, TD
Leading Rusher: Chiefs – Jamaal Charles: 10 carries, 34 yards, TD; Raiders – Pryor: 4 carries, 47 yards
Leading Receivers: Chiefs – Charles: 3 catches, 48 yards; Raiders – Denarious Moore: 3 catches, 66 yards, TD
Defensive Notes: Dontari Poe limped off with an ankle injury. Terez Paylor says he got it taped up and is now trying to walk around on it. … The contain game has not worked as Pryor has burned them for some long runs up. … One mistake by Quintin Demps is the difference between the Chiefs being in the lead and being tied.
Key Play: Dwayne Bowe drew a pass interference penalty to extend the Chiefs drive that led to a Charles score.
PANIC?!: Little bit.
Final Score Prediction: Chiefs 17, Raiders 10
- Pass protection for the Chiefs has to improve. Part of it is the offensive line not playing together very often and another part is the predictable play-calling on Andy Reid‘s part. But at some point things like Eric Fisher getting bullrushed into Smith is simply individuals not getting the job done.
- For all the crap Eric Fisher has (rightfully) taken. Jeff Allen has been equally terrible.
- Where are the wide receivers? Where is Sean McGrath? Even when Smith has time there is nobody open. No one.
- Jamaal Charles is a football deity. One of the greatest Chiefs of all-time.
- Arrowhead is crazy loud on tv. Very, very cool.