ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Cardinals 2, Pirates 1 (Series tied at 2-2)
Game 5. Discuss.
Athletics 6, Detroit 3 (OAK leads series 2-1)
Grant Balfour. Discuss.
Tampa Bay 5, Red Sox 4 (BOS leads series 2-1)
Jose Lobaton. Discuss.
Also, Wil Myers left with leg cramps, which lead to Tampa not being able to use a designated hitter for the rest of the game. That spot ended up being Lobaton’s in the end. Figures – Wil Myers always wins.
IN OTHER NEWS…
– The new CBA really hurts teams like the Royals. (Kings of Kauffman)
– Breaking down how the Chiefs are winning games. (Arrowhead Addict)
– Sam Mellinger says KC’s defense is pretty decent. (KC Star)
– K-State news you may have missed yesterday. (Jug of Snyder)
– Mizzou lineman earns award. (Truman’s Tales)
– Who could replace Charlie Weis in three years? (Rock Chalk Talk)
– Graham Zusi and Matt Besler will be in KC to play for Team USA in World Cup qualifying. (MLS)
GIF OF THE DAY…
(via The Big Lead)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
– Neil DeGrasse Tyson reviews “Gravity” in a way only Neil DeGrasse Tyson can do. Note: The movie is really good.
– Half of Americans job pays less than $34k a year and 25% of American jobs pay less than poverty wages for a family of four. Yay!
– A cool breakdown of Andrew Luck’s 73-yard touchdown pass to T.Y. Hilton.
– USC coaching search is not going well.
– Prince Fielder attempt to run to second base. Key word: Attempted.
– This link is to an “Onion” article, which means everything that is written is satirical. If you don’t know what that word means, it means everything in the article is true.
– More on the Raiders’ goofy new mascot.
– Grant Balfour: Master of words. (NSFW)
ONE MORE THING…