30 MINUTES IN 30 SECONDS
Score: Chiefs 13, Titans 0
Team Passing: Chiefs: 182; Titans:31
Team Rushing: Chiefs: 59; Titans:53
Turnovers: Chiefs 1, Titans 1
Defensive Notes: Dontari Poe. He is my everything right now. Tennessee has 83 total yards in the first half, 2.2 yards per ATTEMPT passing, and are 1-7 on third downs. This defense is insane right now.
Key Play: After the Chiefs opening drive stalled, Tennessee muffed a punt. Marcus Cooper recovered in the endzone to allow Kansas City to take the early lead. … The goal-line stop was also pretty sweet.
Verdict on Pink Flags: Like the thought, but I can never tell if it is a towel or a flag.
Final Score Prediction: Chiefs 23, Titans 10
- Way too many penalties from the Chiefs in the first half.
- Tennessee cannot create separation from KC’s cornerbacks. That’s even more intriguing when one considers the three cornerbacks on the field are Flowers, Smith, and… Cooper. Flowers has also seen a lot of time in the slot.
- All this defense does is make plays. The defensive stand at the goal-line was one of the more impressive things I’ve seen any Chiefs team do.
- Donnie Avery’s ability to make plays downfield is starting to show up. It’ll be interesting to see what this means for Dwayne Bowe later in the season (or maybe even in this game).
- Third down has been a nightmare the Chiefs on offense, 1-7 so far in the game. Tennessee’s defense is a large part of that (as is the absence of Anthony Fasano) but KC has to do better if they are going to but this game away.