ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Cardinals 9, Pirates 1 (STL leads series 1-0)
Dodgers 6, Braves 1 (LAD lead series 1-0)
Elliot Johnson was 0-4 with 3 strikeouts for the Braves. Great idea to start him and leave Dan Uggla off the roster. Smart.
Carlos Beltran homered to make things up for former Royals in the playoffs.
THE ROYALS signed Dale Sveum to be – presumably – the Royals bench coach for next season. Officially he will be an instructor for the Royals infielders. The move is a bit awkward considering Sveum is the man who replaced Ned Yost after he was fired by the Brewers in 2008.
BLATANT SELF PROMOTION…
I did a Q&A with FanSided Titans blog, Titan Sized. You can read it here.
IN OTHER NEWS…
– Royals have World Series shirts!!!! (Flyover Shirts)
– Early results not good for Eric Fisher compared to his peers. (This Given Sunday)
– Scouting Ryan Fitzpatrick. (Arrowhead Addict)
– K-State basketball lands center Stephen Hurt. (Jug of Snyder)
– Late Night in the Phog is tonight. (Rock Chalk Talk)
– Previewing Missouis and Vanderbilt. (Rock M Nation)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
– Ole Miss football players have been accused of using gay slurs towards theater performers. Idiots.
– Mia Farrow says Ronan Farrow’s father may or may not be Frank Sinatra. I’m sure Woody Allen took that well.
– Boston radio people have not gotten over Rick Pitino being a terrible coach with the Celtics.
– Paul Rhoads was not pleased with the no fumble call in last night’s Texas/Iowa State game. Cyclones ended up losing 31-30 as a result.
– If Mariano Rivera had gotten one more out in his career, he would have finished with a 1.00 WHIP.
ONE MORE THING…
When you are watching football this weekend, remember that being a sideline reporter is dangerous.