ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
The government has shut itself down. Good job, good effort, Congress.
Many of us (including myself) lost our minds to various degrees. It would seem the one constant from everyone is the sense of frustration … which is frustrating.
A lot of people are going to be out of a job for an extended period of time because of this mess. It is a shame how the people who should be held responsible for these situations end up taking less of a hit – if any hit at all – than the common person who did nothing to deserve this situation. For their sake, let’s hope this is all over quickly.
Good news is sports exist to help us temporarily forget what’s going on in the real world. So on to Wil Myers making the playoffs! Wait…
God bless beer.
IN OTHER NEWS…
- Audra Marvin with a great breakdown of the Royals season from a fan perspective. (Royals Review)
- What’s gone right and wrong for the Wildcats at the one-third mark. (Jug of Snyder)
- Who is Sean McGrath? (Arrowhead Addict)
- Lineman Jhonathon Williams commits to Mizzou. (Truman’s Tales)
- Three ways Kansas can beat Texas Tech. (Through the Phog)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
- A cool look at Joe Moglia who went from Dartmouth football coach to TD Ameritrade savior.
- Breaking down the throw that sent ripple effects throughout the entire NFL.
- Jon Daniels said after Monday’s game that Ron Washington will remain as Texas’ manager. With that, here’s this on Wash.
- Bryce Harper plans to show up at Spring Training next year “as big as a house.” Love that guy.
ONE MORE THING…
John Daly is the bestest.