ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Royals 3, White Sox 2
Greg Holland set the Royals franchise for saves with his 46th of the season. Holland has 101 strikeouts in 66 innings pitched this year. To give you an idea of how good that is, Jeremy Guthrie has 111 strikeouts in 211.2 innings pitched. KC also set a franchise records of strikeouts in a season for a pitching staff.
The Royals have three more games remaining with the White Sox before the end of the season. Their 84 wins this season is the most since 1993.
IN OTHER NEWS…
– Travis Kelce isn’t read yet but he is getting closer to a return. (KC Star)
– KC’s quick defensive start is due to Bob Sutton’s ability to adapt to opponents. (Arrowhead Addict)
– Defending Billy Butler. (Kings of Kauffman)
– Ranking K-State football’s missed chances. (Jug of Snyder)
– A unique preview of Missouri’s forthcoming game against Arkansas State. (Rock M Nation)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
– St. Louis is prepared to start talks to sign Sam Bradford to an extension. It should be noted this story came out before Thursday night’s game.
– Bill Barnwell’s take on former K-State quarterback Josh Freeman.
– WNBA: Where players get fouls for kissing opposing players on the court. Seriously.
GIF OF THE WEEK…
Breaking News: This was not a play made by the Kansas City Royals. We’ve made big steps this season.
ONE MORE THING…