ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Mariners 6, Royals 0
For the second straight night, the Royals forgot to bring their offense to the park. The consequence this time was a 6-0 loss to Seattle and an official elimination from the wild card race. Depressing.
It was nice for once to watch games in mid-September and have them matter. No, being a .500-ish team is not the goal – we all want the Royals to win the World Series. However, we also recognize how freaking hard it is for this franchise to at least be average. So it is good to at least enjoy the positives that came out of this season, even if there are a lot of frightening questions still remaining for this team.
IN OTHER NEWS…
– Scouting the New York Giants. (Arrowhead Addict)
– Current Chiefs players discuss the legacy of Derrick Thomas. (KC Chiefs)
– Dayton Moore wants Ned Yost to come back. Ugh. (Kings of Kauffman)
– “30” has been useful for Missouri. (KC Star)
– Wiggins is trying to deflect the hype. (KC Star)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
– Former K-State quarterback Josh Freeman was bench by Tampa Bay this week. Jason Lisk thinks he’s a great “buy-low” guy.
– Jacksonville is offering a ticket special that includes free beers. Granted, you might have to be drunk to buy Jaguars tickets anyway.
– Who is the most pompous sports pundit as defined by pronoun usage? The answer isn’t too surprising.
– Got 40 minutes you need to kill at work today? Or just need something interesting to listen to? Here’s Clay Travis (Out Kick the Coverage, FS1) and Richard Deitsch (Sports Illustrated) debating about media, sports media, and other interesting topics in a podcast forum.
– Cracked breaks down why steroids were never the problem for Major League Baseball.
– A Kings of Leon album review.
ONE MORE THING…
Soccer trick plays are fun.