ABOUT LAST NIGHT…
Royals 7, Indians 2
The Royals get the win they needed, and now enter a massive three-game series against the ice-cold Texas Rangers this weekend. A sweep isn’t required exactly, but… yeah. The Royals need to sweep to put themselves in the best position possible heading into the final week of the season.
This is crazy, exciting, and terrible for my blood pressure.
THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS play their third game of the season TONIGHT at Philadelphia agains the Eagles. Philly is 1-1 and armed with a “revolutionary” offense, while Kansas City will bring one of football’s best defenses to the table.
Tonight is going to tell us a lot about the Chiefs and their defense.
SPORTING KANSAS CITY tied against Real Esteli FC in Champions League play. The draw keeps Sporting on top of Group 2 with seven points and a plus-four goal differential. A draw in the final game of group play on October 23 would be enough for Sporting to advance.
IN OTHER NEWS…
– Kansas City has 13 different bids for a chance to be an NCAA Division I and II national championship host site. (KC Star)
– Bob Sutton talks stopping the Eagles offense. (Bleeding Green Nation)
– Here’s more on the Eagles offense from Dontari Poe. (Arrowhead Addict)
– Some parents are upset strippers attended the Chiefs game Sunday. (Arrowhead Addict)
– Here’s the latest episode of the Kansas City Baseball Vault. (Kings of Kauffman)
– After winning the AAA Championship game, Royals call up Chris Dwyer, Irving Falu. (Kings of Kauffman)
ELSEWHERE AND EVERYWHERE…
– This would be a picture of Barry Switzer pointing a gun at the head of a recruit while he is signing a letter of intent.
– Best name in sports? Tornado Black.
– Here’s Nick Punto sliding into first on a single to centerfield. He’ll be a Royal next year.
– Ever wanted to know what trainers use to stop bleeding in boxing and UFC matches? Well, here you go.
– Texas A&M raised nearly three-quarters of a billion dollars last year. But, yeah, Johnny Football isn’t allowed to make money off of autographs.
GIF(S) OF THE WEEK…
ONE MORE THING…
I believe this is what they call a “good start” to a soccer game.