30 MINUTES IN 30 SECONDS
Score: Chiefs 16, Eagles 6
Team Passing: Chiefs,165 ; Eagles, 26
Team Rushing: Chiefs, 49; Eagles, 154
Turnovers: Chiefs 0, Eagles 4
Leading Passer: Chiefs: Alex Smith, ; Eagles: Michael Vick, 5-for-12, 46 yards, TD, 2 INT
Leading Rusher: Chiefs: Smith, 25 yards; Eagles: Vick, 85 yards
Leading Receiver: Chiefs: Donnie Avery, 103 yards; Eagles: Jason Avant, 2 rec., 30 yards, TD
Defensive Notes: Eric Berry had the pick, but Derrick Johnson had the tip. KC’s defense has been very active early, forcing four turnovers. Good lord. Outside of a big run from Vick, KC’s defense has been on top of everything. Can they keep it up for a full game against this style of an offense?
Key Play: Eric Berry had a pick-six early in the first to give the Chiefs the 10-0 lead.
Verdict on Reid Ovation: Way more cheers than boos.
PANIC?!: Kinda. Four forced turnovers and only 16 points?
Final Score Prediction:
– KC kicked a field goal in the red zone after recovering a muffed punt. It was the first time the Chiefs failed to score a touchdown in the red zone this season. They have two field goals in their two red zone appearances.
– Eric Berry is very scary. As is Tamba Hali. And Sean Smith. And Justin Houston. And … you get it.
– The passing offense simply does not exist for the Chiefs in this game. I’m not sure what the adjustment should be, but something has to change. Screens maybe?
– Another slow start for Jamaal Charles. This is turning into a trend.
– Chiefs offense is 3-for-10 on third down in the first half.